Sunday, November 16, 2014

Who Says Gay Men Can't Change Tires?

It is a well-known stereotype that gay men don't know much about many masculine man-things, but that's not true. What I mean is to some, a gay man knowing a lot about cars and car maintenance can be surprising. Well, to some extent this week I had lived up to that stereotype unfortunately. Do you know how to change a flat tire? I didn't, but now I do after this embarrassing experience. Keep reading and you too can be prepared for disaster unlike me and impress your friends when you know to change a flat tire.

On Thursday after class, I come out to my car and begin to drive out of the parking lot of Lot 17. (At least I think it's called Lot 17) I notice my car was sounding and driving funny and for a second I couldn't place my thumb on what it was. Then I realized, my tire was as flat as a pancake.

So I pulled over, called my roommate for help and he came to my aid. First you loosen the bolts on the tire before jacking the car up. After you do that, use a jack and lift it until the tire is just above the ground. Be sure not to lay underneath the vehicle. After taking off the bolts, change the tire out with a spare. If you're driving on a donut, be sure not to drive faster than 50-60 mph and use it for no more than two days. 

No comments :

Post a Comment