Sunday, October 12, 2014

Apples to Apples

It's without question that cider beers have been growing in popularity over the past several months. Even I have been warming up to brands such as Woodchuck, Angry Orchard and Strongbow. Soon to air on TV, Strongbow hopes to keep up with the increasing cider trend. The brand is introducing a new campaign called, "Cider at it's Bestest." I don't think it's a clever tagline but who am I to judge? I just like the taste of the beer.

Ciders though, I think, are great for people who aren't typically beer drinkers but want to socially fit in with the crowd. Strongbow seems to think it's TV ad will keep itself in the running with its competiton. According to an article on Ad Age, Strongbow ranked fifth in the cider category. Angry Orchard comes in at number one.

I can't help but think that the ad is priming it's customers to the association with the Budweiser Clydesdales. The ad is centered around a horse galloping in slow motion which instantly reminded me of a Budweiser ad. Maybe it's a spin-off of the competitor brand? Who knows. View the ad for yourself and share your thoughts.


No comments :

Post a Comment